4.06.2011

So sorry for the lack of updates!

Week 4 here at the DRM, and I am loving it more each week!

One of my favorite things has been tutoring math for the GED...Who would of thought?! One of the girls I have been tutoring for a couple weeks just received her GED last week! I am so excited and proud of her! We are hoping she will move into the Champa House by the end of this month!

I have absolutely fallen in love with the kiddos here! Last week was their spring break, so we had the mother load of kids in childcare for the week! 12 kids ages 0-7! Lots of screaming, crying and chaos but overall a lot of fun!

Monday night I started leading Bible Study for the kids while their moms go to Bible Study! This was the first week of adding some structured time while we watch them. Not to mention the first time I have ever taught a Bible lesson to kiddos who are under the middle and high school ages. I always seem to be the experimental Ginni pig in transitions! Giddy up! How did it go you ask? Well, let's just say I never thought a lesson about creation could be anymore chaotic!! "This is stupid!...Creation is stupid!" So we broke out the play dough REAL fast and walked through each day of creation forming what was created with play dough. LIFESAVER! Monday nights can only get better from here I suppose!

I have officially declared my room at the crossing a cave. There is simply not much light, room for food or space for that matter, making it an official cave!

This past weekend was so much fun! I am meeting really cool people and able to get out and put some adventure and laughing back into my life!! You have no idea how exciting it is to have things to do on the calendar...I'm a freak, I know!

So thankful that the Lord has made this a smooth and fast transition! Such a good reminder on how He provides, prepares, equips and strengthens us when we follow and trust Him! The second I begin to worry or take control is when things fall apart!

Right now in my life I am being so challenged by the fact that the Lord is woven into my being..behind and before!  I am so humbled and broken by this. Me? Why? I'm just a beggar at the foot of the cross. I am so unworthy of this grace, yet I take it for granted all the time... Everyday I am praying to be made so weak in my flesh so that I may live a reckless abandonment and complete reliance upon the Lord.

There's just a quick update! Will try to be better about this!! :)

May He be your all, strength and your eyes today!

No comments: