3.24.2011

Let's make plans about making plans!

Planner, coordinator, peace maker, and motivator. Put that all together in a blender and you get me. I'm a lady who thinks she's got a hold on it but knows she has to let go of all authority in order to walk in obedience.

What I'm trying to say is...I have to stop thinking, planning and such and be obedient.

Let me be completely honest with you right now! It is hard to be obedient and it's hard to be living at the crossing and to be away from everything I have grown comfortable with. The kind of hard I am talking about is the willingness to surrender and die to self, taking every complaint captive and placing it before the Lord to mold into His likeness.

A few things for example...

Living in a facility which seems like land of all creepers. The way they look at you makes you feel very uncomfortable.

Living in a small room with two roommates. I'm talking, the size of my bedroom with three lives crammed into it! Love my roommates, but it gets claustrophobic.

The shower goes from luke warm, to warmer, to blazing...my body is on fire, is that the smell of burning skin HOT, followed by cold :)

No space or time to think.

So those are just a few of some of the character building things I am going through. My sob story, the things I so selfishly bring before the Lord.

It is is times like these where I am blown away by His grace. In my struggle of obedience, He gives me the strength I need to take one step at a time. Each step, revealing more of who He is and how desperately I need Him.

Philippians 1:6 // Being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

The good work is // His plan for His glory through my life.

How do I get there?

Abandonment of self so I can walk in obedience!

Let's walk this together!!

2 comments:

James Luke said...

Good to read, and an even greater thing to apply to my own life! Thanks for sharing Megs, and that is my heart cry as well -- To walk it out together!

Love

Leonor Enguita said...

So true, Meg. We have to die to self daily. Keep posting!!