10.11.2011

What can I get for a $1.07?

Most of you know that I haven't been working full time since I have been back from Denver. I do have a job as a server at a super cute restaurant opening up soon, but the opening keeps getting pushed back... Which means I am broke. I have been surviving on the most random jobs you could possibly imagine! Cleaning, boat detailing, babysitting, dog walking, house sitting, etc. All of which have been an incredible blessing!!


With that being said, I would like to invite you to laugh along with me as I find amusement in this stage of my life.


It all started when I had to make decisions like coffee, new music or gas money. 


Pathetic. I. Know. 


I would openly admit that coffee and music are 2 addictions in my life. My coffee intake has been reduced to a 1/3 of what it was and I haven't purchased music in a long time. Wah. Someone smack me upside the head!


I thought that would be the worst of it and then...


I needed to see what a $1.07 would get me!


I was driving home from church and was starving. I knew I didn't have any groceries at home, so I evaluated how much money I could spend. $1.07 it was. What kind of meal can you buy with $1.07? Dollar menu from McDonald's it was.


If you know me well enough, you have heard me hate on fast food. I could get into the genderless details of the meat served, but that's not what this post is about. I just need to paint the picture for you of the severity of the situation. The thought of fast food alone makes me sick. In that moment I knew I had traded my pride and health of my arteries for a McDonald's McChicken sandwich. 


There you have it! I am selfish and glad the Lord is stripping me of these selfish desires and my pride. When you go through times like this you really learn quickly what your needs really are! :)


12 comments:

FoodFaithFitness said...

Hi Meg! Long time no see! I hope to visit you at your new job soon. I heard the food is delish!!

Anonymous said...

It had been a while since I visited web site with such
quality information. Thansk rather a lot for the helpful information

Feel free to visit my homepage ... having trouble getting pregnant with second baby

chenlina said...

the north face
coach handbags
hermes birkin
birkenstock shoes
coach outlet online
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakleys
moncler outlet
uggs outlet
pandora jewelry
chenlina20171115

chenmeinv0 said...

iphone cases
herve leger
nike air max
nike air max
michael kors
new balance
air max 2017
tommy hilfiger
swarovski
michael kors outlet
2018.1.29xukaimin

shaimaa sami said...

شركة تركيب عشب صناعي بالخبر
شركة تركيب عشب صناعي بالدمام
توريد اشجار النخيل بالرياض
عامل قص الاشجار جدة

Shaimaa Elsadek said...

شركة عزل فوم ببريدة
شركة عوازل ببريدة
شركة مكافحة الصراصير ببريدة
شركة مكافحة البق ببريدة
شركة مكافحة الفئران ببريدة
شركة تنظيف سجاد ببريدة
شركة تنظيف موكيت ببريدة
شركة شفط بيارات ببريدة
شركة تنظيف بيارات ببريدة
شركة عزل خزانات ببريدة

Mai said...

المغربي
صيانة حدائق خاصة بدبى
تركيب صخور وأحجار بدبى
خدمات دبي

الفارس كلين said...



شركه تنظيف منازل بالنعيريه
شركه تنظيف منازل بالخغجى
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالخفجى
شركه تنظيف كنب بالخبر
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة تركيب طارد حمام بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
عمال تنظيف بالدمام الفارس كلين


deraz said...

موقع المحترفون
أعمال سباكة وصرف صحى بدبى
أفضل سباك بدبى

menna said...

شركة تعقيم وتطهير عجمان
شركات تعقيم ضد كورونا في عجمان

newhe said...

site web sites find out imp source read the article Get More Info

Unknown said...

j1m14y6a10 v7n15e0v72 e6t88z6q71 v7c59e5e95 k2o95e8b34 q7k13q8x88