4.28.2011

To Whom It May Concern:

All my life I have had the disease of always trying to walk through life with my chin up and my hurts swept beneath the rug! I always try and hold it together in the midst of a chaotic or heart-breaking situation. I seem to always be in the midst of situations that require me to feel like I need to hold them together. Being transparent with my hurts has always translated into being incapable and weak to me.

For example, a little while back I got a phone call from a guy that meant a lot to me and it nearly broke my heart. I haven't admitted it until now, but it hurt a substantial amount. I cried my heart out for a little bit and then felt weak, so I swept it under the rug. I used the whole "I'm fine, just trusting the Lord" excuse when people acted surprised when I said I was fine. Unfortunately when I do this it does me no good and ends up causing more harm! The hurts then begin to turn into baggage that I carry around with me. All this keeping me from experiencing the fullness of God!

So today's a new day! This is slightly embarrassing to have you all read, and my heart feels pretty exposed but who cares. Transparency with others leads to complete surrender and healing from the Savior!

I can thankfully say that there has been healing and forgiveness when it comes to that situation in my life! So whatever you have swept under the rug because it hurt too much to deal with or you thought you could heal on your own, EXPOSE IT! Be transparent amongst the community of people that pray for you, encourage you, hold you accountable, will speak wisdom into your life and always point you to scripture!

We're one step closer to experiencing Christ's freedom through walking in obedience! Feels good, don't it :)

2 comments:

Fallen Wheat said...

Praying for you pretty girl! This is also a struggle of mine and I am so encouraged by your words- thank you for your willingness to be transparent!

FoodFaithFitness said...

So true, Meg. You are such a great example for others. Praying for you.