11.24.2010

Holiday Pet Peeves!

1) Playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Don't do it! 30 days of Christmas music should be enough! While you're at it, don't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving too! Thank you!

2) When people wish me a Happy Turkey Day.

3) When girls paint their nails every other red and green.

4) A tacky yard explosion of lights and figurines. One things I do know is that tweety, mickey mouse, santa and Jesus shouldn't be having a dance party on your lawn to the techno music that is programmed to your Christmas lights.
Keep it simple and classic!

5) People who listen to Christmas radio 24/7. That's just weird! No, I don't want to hear 25 different versions of "Little Drummer Boy" or "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer."

6) The whole worship set list transforming into a caroling session. I am here to worship, not jingle jangle!

7) Buying a Christmas tree when it's 95 degrees out.

8) The Mass Text:: Might as well say "Hey, I'm thinkin of you on this day along with all 350 contacts in my phone!" Yep, real special! Don't do it! If you care enough to send one...make it personal!!

9) This one is a given...When we disguise Christmas with the word Holiday! Come on!

10) Anything Christmas mixed with Characters. So tacky, ehhh!

Sorry for the Debbie Downer Pet Peeves! I promise I love a lot about Thanksgiving, Christmas and traditions! :) I will be sure to blog about that too! :)

No comments: