9.16.2010

What are you known for?


This might come across as harsh, but bear with me!

Why is it that when you ask someone how their walk is their immediate response is...


->>Great, I’m really involved at my church. I’m in the choir, work with the soup kitchen, volunteer in the preschool ministry on Sundays, started a basket weaving ministry and so on. <--

This is when I think…WAIT! You’re missing it!!

How involved you are at church has NOTHING to do with your love for the Lord and relationship with Him!

I have been this person and still fight it.

I didn’t know how to say no, I was always the go to for things; I was too busy and so involved that my time with the Lord was suffering. I was just plain exhausted.

We will be known by our fruit! Walking with Jesus isn’t exhausting and chaotic. It’s anything but that! It's simple. Slow down and step away. Protect your time with the Lord and pick something your called to and pursue it!

Being involved at Church is great, but when it gets in the way and distracts you from being disciplined in your Faith and available for what the Lord has specifically created you to do is when it’s wrong. Satan wants to creep in and get you so busy that you don’t have time to read your Bible, be held accountable, lead your family, pray for your friends, humbly serve, and share the Gospel with your neighbors and those around you.

I can think of a bunch of things in my life that cloud my vision.

Matthew 7: 15-23 //
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. Good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.



"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

What’s keeping you from being known as a disciple and not just a --> busy always around kind of person?



No comments: